Do you find keeping up with social media changes harder than keeping up with the Kardashians? You’re not alone.
If you manage social media accounts for your own business or for your clients’, it’s always a good idea to stay updated with the social media changes happening across the platforms you use.
Wouldn’t it just be nice to know in advance when they’re going to make a major alteration to something you use regularly so you can be prepared?
There are changes all. the. time. and keeping on top of them is essential to your business staying ahead on social media. Plus, it pays to be in-the-know to have that advantage over your competitors!
So, how can you keep up-to-date with all these changes without sacrificing too much of your valuable time? You could…
1. Bookmark the URL for the blogs of the platforms you use and set a reminder to visit them weekly (Facebook and Instagram both have blogs on their websites);
2. Or to save some time, subscribe to those same blogs to receive their new post updates directly to your inbox;
3. Or to save even more time, use aggregator apps like Feedly to bring those blogs and others from the industry all together in the one place;
4. Sign up for newsletters from your favourite social media gurus;
5. Listen to social media-specific Podcasts while working or commuting;
6. Follow your favourite social media platforms on social media (oh, how meta!).
You certainly don’t need to read everything, every day (unless you’re like me) but at least dedicate 20-30 minutes a week to catch up on all the new things happening with the social media platforms you use frequently.
How do YOU keep up with these changes? Share your tips below so others can learn and if you have any questions about the tools I use, feel free to ask in the comments or email me!